The original Workman was released in 2004. It was an instant favorite among tradesmen, carpenters, and other skilled workers who understood that one pair of well-made boots would outlast three pairs of mediocre ones. Today the original Workman is back, with a few improvements. Under the classic silhouette and natural leather, you'll find a completely new approach to support and comfort - one that makes the new Workman 13% lighter than its predecessor.
- Full-Grain, Oiled Leather Upper - After incorporating oil into the tanning process, we take the oiled, full-grain leather and put it through a series of rigorous testing to ensure its strength and durability. This form of leather is more resistant to water and other liquid damage and require less maintenance over time.
- GORE-TEX (GTX) - 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Alloy Toe (AT) - Our alloy toe meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11M I/75 C/75 EH standards and ASTM F2413-11 F I/75 C/75 EH.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection - Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed - Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi Fit Board - By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.