In 1979, Danner released the iconic Danner Light hiking boot-the first boot on the market to use waterproof GORE-TEX liners. In the early 1980s, the original Feather Light hit the market. Continuing this evolution, the new Feather Light 917 combines waterproof technology with an exclusive lightweight Vibram outsole for extra stability and urban performance - part of the next generation of premium Danner boots built for the urban explorer.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper - To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX) - 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed - Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram SPE Midsole - This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won't break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram 917 Outsole - Exclusive outsole for Danner featuring XS Trek rubber compound for an optimal balance of durability and traction in wet conditions on the trail or city streets.
- Modernized Stitchdown Construction - Combines our traditional stitchdown technique with cup sole construction that allows the boot to keep a wider platform while eliminating the need for a buffed sidewall. This gives our sneaker boots a modern aesthetic and lightweight, flexible finish.