Designed as a vertical assault weapon, the Danner Flight Assault (DFA) features low-oil content nubuck leather, a lightweight 1000 Denier nylon upper, a hexagonal low lug outsole, and a patent pending Vertical Insertion Arrestor (VIA) technology insert. All offering optimum levels of abrasion resistance and superior control in fast roping applications.
- Nubuck Leather & 1000 Denier Nylon Upper - For superior abrasion- and scuff-resistance, we use full grain nubuck leather combined with lightweight, breathable Denier nylon. This combination offers some of the best protection in cold and wet environments.
- GORE-TEX (GTX) - 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Variable Lacing System - Customize your fit by choosing the ankle hook that fits you best. The extra deep hook will help lock your heel in place for a glove-like fit and superior control.
- Lace Garage - Prevents loose laces from snagging or dragging. At the top of the boot's tongue is a stretch fabric pocket designed to tuck your lace ends into.
- Co-molded Midsole Plate - Our co-molded midsole plate works in combination with the midsole to create springboard toe return, impact absorption and puncture resistance.
- Danner Descender Outsole - With a specific Vibram rubber compound built into the medial side arch, this outsole is designed for fast roping control. A multi-directional lug pattern allows for quick acceleration and braking in all directions.